With many companies operating with an all-hands-on-deck mentality, administrative professionals are being tapped to help with a myriad of responsibilities outside of the scope of their “normal” duties.
In honor of Administrative Professionals Day, we are sharing free resources and tools that can help administrative staff continue to sharpen their skills while improving efficiencies at their organizations.
4 free skill building resources
- Microsoft Office Suite Training: If you aren’t a whiz with Excel or PowerPoint, now is your time to shine. Microsoft offers free tutorials for all their products, including collaboration tools like Microsoft Teams and SharePoint. If you are working from home, spend the time you used to commute to brush up on these skills. Access the free tutorials here. If your organization uses Google, there are a host of tutorials available for Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Forms. You can even earn a G Suite Certification.
- Zoom Training: Communication, now more than ever, is crucial for organizations to run efficiently. Many organizations are using video conferencing platforms to communicate with remote staff. Zoom is a video conferencing platform that offers free tutorials for their software. If your organization uses Zoom, take this time to become a subject matter expert. Access free tutorials here. If your organization uses another platform, like Cisco WebEx or GoToMeeting, see if they offer free tutorials.
- Hubspot Social Media Management Training: Whether social media management falls under your purview today or not, it may in the future. Hubspot offers a free certification in social media management (among other marketing related certifications). Not only will this build your resume, but it can add more value to your organization. Access the free certification course here.
- LinkedIn Learning: LinkedIn offers all users a free month of LinkedIn Learning, an online training library of videos and resources. LinkedIn Learning provides access to thousands of trainings and tutorials. Topics include leadership, business software and tools, accounting and marketing. Take advantage of one free month today.
4 tools to improve efficiency
- Trello: Whether you support an office or an executive, the best administrative professionals balance different responsibilities with a high level of organization and attention to detail. Trello is a project and work management tool for anyone who likes visual organization. It allows users to put projects into buckets and track their progress to completion. Trello offers a free version for all users. Sign up today.
- Travelfy: If you are responsible for coordinating travel, Travelfy is a free resource that generates itineraries and keeps travel in one convenient place. Administrative professionals can easily send and share itineraries via an online link. Sign up for a free trial today.
- Doodle: Scheduling can be a nightmare. Doodle helps administrative professionals simplify it by allowing participants to select their own availability via a digital platform and allows the host to choose the date that works for the most participants. Sign up for a free trial today.
- Grammarly: Whether you are trying to improve your business writing, or need a quick grammar check, this free tool provides resources to ensure you are putting your best foot forward electronically. Use Grammarly today. If you’re looking for additional resources to improve your writing abilities, check out this article by Harvard Business Review.
If your organization is hiring talented administrative professionals, contact us today.
If you are looking for an administrative career, apply to our open jobs today.