Are you looking for a new opportunity to expand your existing skill set while also gaining valuable experience to grow your own career? Our client, a nationally recognized healthcare provider, rewards teamwork, quality and innovation with opportunities for growth and development.
Our client is looking for a Medical Accounts Receivable Specialist to bill government and commercial insurance carriers primarily. The leadership team is looking for knowledgeable revenue cycle professional who can start immediately!
Medical Accounts Receivable Specialist Responsibilities:
- Maintain knowledge of functional area and company policies and procedures
- Ensure all claims are accurately transmitted daily and meet team goals
- Complete follow-up of claims on a timely basis according to the productivity guidelines for account follow-up goals
- Pursue unpaid accounts by telephone or electronic inquiry to determine status of payment in accordance with department follow-up timeliness
- Processes correspondence with adherence to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) guidelines
- Provide feedback to management regarding any issues or repetitive errors that may be encountered during claim review and submission
- Follow up on patient accounts and verify insurance information for billing patient claims
- Research rejected bills and obtain necessary information from patients and facilities
- Audit and correct charge documents for re-billing purposes
- Complete special assignments and projects with minimal supervision and consistently meet the department’s performance, production, and quality standards
Medical Accounts Receivable Specialist Requirements:
- 1-3 years of hospital or physician billing experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT codes
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Professional attitude, demeanor and work ethic
- Ability to work through a clearinghouse
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
If you are interested in this Medical Accounts Receivable Specialist opportunity and qualify per the above requirements, please apply today!
Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords and Related Terms: Medicare , Medicaid , remittance , a/r , aging , payment , payment plans , charity , follow up , claims , rebill , medical biller , medical collector , financial counselor , patient registration , charity , payment plan , billing , collections , claims , follow-up , eob , patient , remittance , payor , insurance , review , submit , compliance , discrepancies
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, executive search, technology, marketing, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent, and permanent positions