We are working with a client that is looking to hire a Medical Assistant near Englewood, NJ! This opportunity is with an organization that has continued to grow year after year, and is looking to expand their current team. They have several locations across several states with options for internal growth as well.
The Medical Assistant will be responsible for greeting and rooming patients, obtaining vitals, documenting the reasons for the visit and medical history, setting up equipment for the physician, and cleaning the exam rooms. The Medical Assistant will screen patients as well as provide accurate instructions to prepare patients for examination and procedures
Medical Assistant Responsibilities
- Escorts patient to exam room, identifies patient with 2 identifiers and prepares patient for examination.
- Obtains accurate vital signs, per organization standards.
- Documents reason for visit and updates/confirms, allergies, smoking history and pharmacy information.
- Promptly informs the provider and registered nurse of any significant change in vital signs or acute symptoms.
- Anticipates/sets up equipment or supplies needed for visit.
- Cleans and prepares exam room for next patient.
Medical Assistant Requirements:
- High school graduate or GED is required
- Current/up to date Medical Assistant Certification through one of the following entities preferred:
- American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- Minimum of one year of experience in a clinical healthcare role
- Strong medical terminology knowledge through coursework or experience is required
- Customer/Patient Service skills
If you are qualified and interested in this Medical Assistant position, please apply today!
Project Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords: medical assistant, certified medical assistant, certified nursing assistant, nursing assistant, phlebotomy, medical history, vitals, vital statistics, medical terminology, vital signs, specimen, triage, medical records, injection, MA, CMA, CNA, electronic health records, clinic
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v. LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, administrative, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent, and permanent positions.
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of direct hire and temporary staffing services. For over two
decades, LaSalle has helped organizations hire faster and connect top talent with opportunities, from
entry-level positions to the C-suite. With units specializing in Accounting and Finance, Administrative,
Marketing, Technology, Supply chain, Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Call Center, Human Resources and Executive
Search. LaSalle offers staffing and recruiting solutions to companies of all sizes and across all
industries. LaSalle Network is the premier staffing and recruiting firm, earning over 100 culture,
revenue and industry-based awards from major publications and having its company experts regularly
contribute insights on retention strategies, hiring trends and hiring challenges, and more to national