Our client is not only the top ranked hospital in Illinois but is also made up of more than 4,000 physicians and 30,000 employees across 100 locations in the Chicagoland area. Due to their expansive growth, they have an immediate need for talented Certified Medical Assistants.
The Certified Medical Assistant will be responsible for greeting and rooming patients, obtaining vitals, documenting the reasons for the visit and medical history, setting up equipment for the physician and cleaning the exam rooms. The Certified Medical Assistant will screen patients as well as provide accurate instructions to prepare patients for examination and procedures. If you are looking to work for an award-winning health system committed to delivering compassionate care, now is your chance!
Certified Medical Assistant Responsibilities
- Escort patient to exam room, identifies patient with two identifiers and prepares patient for examination
- Obtain accurate vital signs, per organization standards
- Document reason for visit and update/confirm allergies, smoking history and pharmacy information
- Promptly inform the provider and registered nurse of any significant change in vital signs or acute symptoms
- Anticipate/set up equipment or supplies needed for visit
- Clean and prepare exam room for next patient
Certified Medical Assistant Requirements:
- Current/up to date Medical Assistant Certification through one of the following entities:
- American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- National Health Career Association (NHA)
- American Registry of Medical Assistant (ARMA)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA)
If you are qualified and interested in this Certified Medical Assistant position, please apply today!
Project Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of direct hire and temporary staffing services. For over two decades, LaSalle has helped organizations hire faster and connect top talent with opportunities, from entry-level positions to the C-suite. With units specializing in Accounting and Finance, Administrative, Marketing, Technology, Supply chain, Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Call Center, Human Resources and Executive Search. LaSalle offers staffing and recruiting solutions to companies of all sizes and across all industries. LaSalle Network is the premier staffing and recruiting firm, earning over 100 culture, revenue and industry-based awards from major publications and having its company experts regularly contribute insights on retention strategies, hiring trends and hiring challenges, and more to national news outlets.