Includes Original Data Surveying 4,000 Professionals on the 2018 Hiring Landscape
CHICAGO – LaSalle Network, a national staffing, recruiting and culture firm, published its third-annual white paper on the hiring trends and challenges shaping 2018. This white paper, “2018 Hiring Trends,” highlights original data collected by LaSalle Network in a survey of more than 4,000 professionals about the 2018 jobs market including: hiring trends, the skills gap, company culture, employee benefits and tax reform.
Below is a summary of the survey findings:
Hiring: Compared to 2017, more companies plan to hire in 2018
- In 2017, 50% of respondents projected to add headcount, compared to 65% of respondents expecting to add headcount in 2018
Wages: In 2018, less respondents planned to increase wages than in 2017 or 2016
- In 2016, 40% of respondents stated they planned to increase wages
- In 2017, that number jumped to 58% and dipped to 48% of respondents for 2018
- For 2018, the most common response for wage increase was between .5% and 3%
Hiring Challenges: There are similarities between 2017 and 2018
Survey respondents stated the most challenging aspects of the hiring process projected for 2018 include finding skilled workers and identifying culture fit:
- Respondents also expected identifying diverse candidates to be a bigger challenge in 2018 than it was in 2017 (27% vs. 18%)
Benefits: Companies plan on changing existing employee benefits packages to become more competitive in the war for talent
- 26% of respondents are planning to add to their benefits package
- Gym reimbursement and more paid time off were the most common benefits companies planned to add in 2018
For more insight, download LaSalle Network’s White Paper, “2018 Hiring Trends,” by visiting: http://bit.ly/2Gn9Jdw
For more information on LaSalle Network, please visit lasallenetwork.com or contact Heather Youkhana at 312-496-6562 or email@example.com.
About LaSalle Network
LaSalle Network is a national staffing, recruiting and culture firm with business units that specialize in accounting and finance, administrative, call center, healthcare revenue cycle, human resources, management resources, marketing, sales, supply chain, technology and executive search. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle has worked with thousands of clients and placed thousands of candidates in temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent positions. Its newest offering, Culture 20/20, works with companies of all sizes and industries to help them focus on what matters: Culture. Performance. Results. LaSalle Network has been listed on Inc. Magazine’s 500/5000 “Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies in America” list for 11 consecutive years, named by Staffing Industry Analysts as a top five “Best Staffing Firms to Work For” from 2011 to 2017, Glassdoor’s 2016 “Best Places to Work,” Inc. Magazine’s 2016 “50 Best Workplaces,” and Crain’s Chicago Business’ “Best Places to Work” list from 2014 to 2017. The firm has offices in downtown Chicago, Nashville, Oak Brook, San Francisco and Schaumburg. For more information, please call 312-419-1700 or visit www.lasallenetwork.com.