Our client is looking for several Referral Specialists because of their amazing growth! The ideal candidate has experience working with physicians and clinical staff in a medical or clinical setting and is a person who thrives in a fast paced, production-oriented work environment.
Referral Specialist Responsibilities:
- Verify member eligibility and basic benefit coverage levels including obtaining information on coordination of benefits and third-party liability as appropriate
- Receive and document telephone and electronic requests for referrals from Primary Care Physicians, Specialists and Ancillary providers through computerized work queue
- Maintain a current working knowledge of all Health Plan carrier requirements for referral request authorizations and approval path requirements
- Perform data entry/processing of referral requests through the EPIC system, and edit referral notes with appropriate information as outlined per department procedures
Referral Specialist Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience in medical office scheduling and verifying patient insurance benefits
- Working knowledge and understanding of the medical insurance industry and health plans
- Strong proficiency computer navigation skills, with basic Microsoft Office/Outlook skills
- Medical terminology knowledge required
- Ability to type 35 wpm
If you are qualified and interested in the Referral Specialist role, please apply today!
Associate Unit Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of direct hire and temporary staffing services. For over two
decades, LaSalle has helped organizations hire faster and connect top talent with opportunities, from
entry-level positions to the C-suite. With units specializing in Accounting and Finance, Administrative,
Marketing, Technology, Supply chain, Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Call Center, Human Resources and Executive
Search. LaSalle offers staffing and recruiting solutions to companies of all sizes and across all
industries. LaSalle Network is the premier staffing and recruiting firm, earning over 100 culture,
revenue and industry-based awards from major publications and having its company experts regularly
contribute insights on retention strategies, hiring trends and hiring challenges, and more to national