Our client, a global manufacturing company, is looking to hire a Logistics Manager for their HQ in Rosemont, IL. This challenging and exciting position will also offer a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for managing a team of transportation specialists and transportation operations service levels. The Logistics Manager will also recommend any cost-effective changes to improve the process and add direct value.
Logistics Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage and develop transportation department, including hiring and training of employees
- Maintain and track transportation operations data flow and supply chain solutions
- Monitor inbound and outbound freight domestically and internationally
- Act as primary point of contact for all facilities and customers in designated area of responsibility
- Make recommendations to enhance business processes and identify opportunities to improve operational opportunities
- Lead and supervise scheduling for shipments
- Any other ad hoc projects as assigned
Logistics Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, Economics or a related field, from a strong, accredited university
- 5 years of experience in a transportation environment
- Experience managing the transportation process including a TMS system
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables and VLOOKUP’s, specifically in a supply chain management environment
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills coupled with the ability to work effectively as part of a team on multiple project
If you are interested in this Logistics Manager position and meet the requirements, please apply today!
Project Manager, Supply Chain
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of direct hire and temporary staffing services. For over two
decades, LaSalle has helped organizations hire faster and connect top talent with opportunities, from
entry-level positions to the C-suite. With units specializing in Accounting and Finance, Administrative,
Marketing, Technology, Supply chain, Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Call Center, Human Resources and Executive
Search. LaSalle offers staffing and recruiting solutions to companies of all sizes and across all
industries. LaSalle Network is the premier staffing and recruiting firm, earning over 100 culture,
revenue and industry-based awards from major publications and having its company experts regularly
contribute insights on retention strategies, hiring trends and hiring challenges, and more to national