National Staffing, Recruiting, Culture Firm Publishes Data Collected from 2,500 Upcoming 2023 Graduates on What They Want in Job, Company
CHICAGO – LaSalle Network, a national staffing, recruiting and culture firm, published its “What the Class of 2023 Wants” report, which includes data collected from more than 2,500 upcoming 2023 graduates on what they are seeking in a role and company.
LaSalle Network has conducted this survey for eight years, and this report includes comparison data on how this graduating class compares to those prior, pointing out some stark differences.
One being that 62 percent of respondents, the highest amount since conducting this survey, have already accepted a job. When asked what they value most from an employer, respondents stated career growth opportunities, company culture, and benefits. And while more than half expect a promotion within the first year in the role, more than one-third stated they plan to stay in their role less than one year, and 44 percent stated they plan to stay less than two years.
State of Talent and their Job Search:
- Despite accepting a job offer, 36 percent of employed respondents are actively applying for new jobs and 16 percent stated that they would be open to new opportunities if presented.
- 70 percent of respondents reported using ChatGPT in their job search.
- Of those who already accepted at job, 93 percent are somewhat or very confident they will retain their job six months post-graduation.
- Of those who already accepted their first position, 58 percent received salary offers over $50,000, with 63 percent receiving the salary they expected and 28 percent receiving less than what they expected.
- Eighty-five percent are open to temporary work, the highest since conducting the survey.
- With a 25 percent increase from 2022, 55 percent of 2023 respondents are pursuing an additional degree, with one-third getting their masters and another third seeking a doctorate/PhD.
- Eighty-six percent state economic insecurity as the reason for going back to school.
What Talent is Seeking in a Company and Role:
- Only 4 percent of respondents stated they want to work remote full time and 87 percent would prefer a hybrid schedule, working two to three days virtually per week.
- Top benefits respondents are seeking include insurance coverage for therapy (chosen by majority), medical coverage and a Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Top perks respondents are seeking include flexible hours, gym reimbursement and in-office perks.
- Remote work was not as highly sought after by 2023 graduates as it was by 2022 graduates.
- Top concerns survey respondents have as they enter the workforce: facing imposter syndrome, feeling a sense of belonging at their company and salary compensation.
- Top motivators include job security, compensation, and meaningful or challenging work.
For more data on and insights on what this graduating class is seeking, and how to best attract and retain this talent group, download the full “What the Class of 2023 Wants” report here.
For more information on LaSalle Network, contact Heather Youkhana at 312-496-6562 or email@example.com.
About LaSalle Network
LaSalle Network is a national staffing, recruiting and culture firm with business units that specialize in accounting and finance, administrative, call center, healthcare revenue cycle, human resources, management resources, marketing, sales, supply chain, technology and executive search. Since its inception in 1998, LaSalle has worked with thousands of clients and placed more than 85,000 candidates in temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent positions. LaSalle Network has been listed on Inc. Magazine’s 500/5000 “Fastest-Growing Privately Held Companies in America” list for 12 years, People Magazine’s “Companies That Care” list, Inc. Magazine’s “50 Best Workplaces,” Forbes’ "America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms" list, Fortune's "Best Small & Medium Companies to Work For," "Best Workplaces in Chicago," and “Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services,” and Crain’s Chicago Business’ “Best Places to Work” list. For more information, please call 312-419-1700 or visit www.lasallenetwork.com.