Curiosity DID NOT kill the cat
- - Ask questions! If you're unsure of something, ask for clarification, make sure you know WHAT needs to be done and WHEN it needs to be done.
- - Observe your team and company. How do they work together? Listen carefully to coworkers, mentors, and managers, they can all teach you something!
Run, don't walk the extra mile
- - Challenge yourself to step outside your comfort zone. Finish projects fast and accurately. Communicate progress with your manager so they can give you more responsibilities.
- - Always be willing to take on new projects with the "Yes I Can!" attitude. Every project teaches me something new and allows the opportunity to develop my skills.
- - Find a mentor to hep your career growth; here at LaSalle we work as a team so luckily for me I have a team of mentors! I am encouraged to ask for advice regarding my career.
Prioritize your work..
- - I have daily check-ins with my manger to update her on the status of my tasks. I have a few tips and deadlines to help guide me along the way, which also works as great décor for my office space.
Go in for the kill
- - Figure out how you can add value to your team… ask what they're working on, and offer to help.
- - Don't be afraid to fail, which I am still trying to master. You will make mistakes, everyone does, take responsibility for it and learn from it. Do not let failure hold you back from challenging yourself.
I'd love to know your thoughts on what it takes to be successful at an internship!