LaSalle Network has partnered with a luxury travel group to hire an Air Travel Agent to join their team in Chicago, IL. They are seeking candidates who are passionate about world travel, history and learning about cultures all over the world.
This role will be responsible for handling passenger travel, including booking, rebooking and canceling air travel for passengers during off-shift hours. This part-time role will require you to be available after working hours, weekends and holidays.
Air Travel Agent Responsibilities:
- Service incoming calls offering flight options and provide accurate pricing and information to correspond with clients’ needs
- Ensure all proper airline and departure documentation is provided as required
- Responsible for booking hotels for passengers who may need assistance
- Help passengers get their preferred seats and update their itineraries with mileage numbers, TSA Pre Check and global entry numbers
- Provide excellent customer service via phone and email to all traveling customers, creating a positive and seamless experience
- Respond to all inquiries from emails and GDS queues within the set service level agreement in a professional and concise manner
Air Travel Agent Requirements:
- 5+ years of Sabre experience with booking and ticketing duties including refunds, exchanges and ticketing
- Experience with international fare pricing
- Working knowledge of airline and industry policies
- Superior planning and organization skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and work well in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and the impact of worldwide events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to represent the company effectively in a variety of situations
- Well organized and deadline oriented
- Team player who is also able to work well independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours (weekends and holidays) to assist with successful operation of assigned travel programs, and during emergency weekend coverage for all operating programs
Senior Project Manager
Keywords and Related Terms: air travel , travel agent , sabre , GDS , travel , travel coordinator #LI-OTOSCS
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of direct hire and temporary staffing services. For over two decades, LaSalle has helped organizations hire faster and connect top talent with opportunities, from entry-level positions to the C-suite. With units specializing in Accounting and Finance, Administrative, Marketing, Technology, Supply chain, Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Call Center, Human Resources and Executive Search. LaSalle offers staffing and recruiting solutions to companies of all sizes and across all industries. LaSalle Network is the premier staffing and recruiting firm, earning over 100 culture, revenue and industry-based awards from major publications and having its company experts regularly contribute insights on retention strategies, hiring trends and hiring challenges, and more to national news outlets.