Recruiting and Staffing Firm Surveys 1,100 People on Experiences with Bad Bosses
CHICAGO, IL – LaSalle Network, a recruiting and staffing firm headquartered in Chicago, publishes today its survey of more than 1,100 people on their experiences with bad bosses.
Major findings include:
- 87% of respondents have had a bad boss
- 51% of respondents quit the company because of the bad boss
- 83% of those who have quit because of a bad boss would have accepted an internal transfer
- 55% of respondents did not report the bad boss to leadership
LaSalle Network’s survey also sought to uncover the main characteristics that respondents attributed to bad bosses. Some include:
- 27% – Never takes the blame, but first to take the credit
- 26% – Only notices negatives, never the positives
- 18% – Uncaring/not empathetic
- 16% – Doesn’t acknowledge employee’s hard work
- 15% – Not willing to help employee learn
“As the saying goes, people don’t quit jobs, they quit managers,” said Tom Gimbel, Founder and CEO of LaSalle Network. “It’s important for a company’s leadership team to continue training and developing middle managers to prevent top talent leaving as a result of bad management.”
For more information on LaSalle Network, please visit www.lasallenetwork.com, or contact Heather Youkhana at 312-496-6562 or email@example.com.
About LaSalle Network
LaSalle Network is a leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services specializing in accounting and finance, technology, administrative, call center, human resources, marketing and executive search. Since its inception, LaSalle Network has worked with thousands of clients and placed more than 30,000 candidates in temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent positions. LaSalle Network has been listed on Inc. Magazine’s 500/5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America list for the past nine years, named by Staffing Industry Analysts among the top five “Best Staffing Firms to Work For” from 2011 – 2015, and Crain’s Chicago Business’ Best Places to Work list in 2014 and 2015. The firm has offices in downtown Chicago, Arlington Heights, Oak Brook and San Francisco. For more information, please call 312-419-1700 or visit www.lasallenetwork.com.