Recruiting and Staffing Firm Publishes Study on Top Characteristics of Bad Managers
CHICAGO – LaSalle Network, a national staffing and recruiting firm, publishes today its survey of more than 1,000 people on their experiences with bad bosses.
- 84% of respondents have had a bad boss
- 43% of respondents quit the company because of the bad boss
- 59% of respondents would have stayed if given the opportunity to report to someone else
- 55% of respondents did not report the bad boss to leadership
LaSalle Network’s survey also sought to uncover the main characteristics that respondents attributed to bad bosses.
- 56% – Only notices negatives, never the positives
- 45% – Are narcissistic; only care about themselves, not their staff
- 44% – Clueless; never know what is going on and/or are forgetful
- 31% – Absent; they are never there
“Middle managers can either be the company’s biggest threat or biggest strength,” said Tom Gimbel, founder and CEO of LaSalle Network. “Great companies train and develop their middle managers so they can best developing their staff. If not, companies risk bad managers flying under the radar and causing top talent to quit.”
For more information on LaSalle Network, please visit www.lasallenetwork.com, or contact Heather Youkhana at 312-496-6562 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About LaSalle Network
LaSalle Network is a leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services with business units that specialize in accounting and finance, technology, administrative, call center, human resources, marketing, executive search, supply chain, and healthcare revenue cycle. Since its inception, LaSalle has worked with thousands of clients and placed thousands of candidates in temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent positions. LaSalle Network has been listed on Inc. Magazine’s 500/5000 “Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies in America” list for 10 consecutive years, named by Staffing Industry Analysts’ as a top five “Best Staffing Firms to Work For” from 2011 to 2016, Glassdoor’s 2016 “Best Places to Work,” Inc. Magazine’s 2016 “50 Best Workplaces,” and Crain’s Chicago Business’ “Best Places to Work” list from 2014 to 2016. The firm has offices in downtown Chicago, Arlington Heights, Oak Brook and San Francisco. For more information, please call 312-419-1700 or visit www.lasallenetwork.com.