Staffing, Recruiting, Culture Firm Surveyed 2021 Graduates on What They're Seeking in Job, Company
CHICAGO – LaSalle Network, a national staffing, recruiting and culture firm, publishes its latest “COVID Generation: Recruitment Expectation Index,” which includes data collected from more than 2,000 2021 graduates on what they are seeking in a role and company. As the sixth-annual report, this Index includes comparison data on what this class is seeking compared to previous graduating classes.
Highlights of the findings:
- 88 percent of survey respondents had not yet accepted their first role out of school, which is the highest percentage of unemployed graduates this close to graduation as we have seen in the last 5 years
- Even with “the ability to work remotely” as an option, the class of 2021 places higher value on company culture, location and benefits
- The top three concerns entering the post-Covid workforce include: compensation, job security and lack of experience
- The top job-search tools the class of 2021 is using include: social media (Facebook, LinkedIn), job boards (CareerBuilder, Indeed) and networking
- Top benefits they are seeking include medical coverage, 401(k) match and flexible hours
- 79 percent of 2021 graduates think it will be more difficult to get a job due to the pandemic
For more information on salary expectations, what popular perks this class is not interested in and more, download the full COVID Generation: Recruitment Expectation Index here.
To hear more job-search trends and how the class of 2021 compares to previous graduating classes, listen to LaSalle Network Vice President, Jessica Schaeffer, on The Wall Street Journal’s Your Money Briefing podcast here.
For more information on LaSalle Network, contact Heather Youkhana at 312-496-6562 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About LaSalle Network
LaSalle Network is a national staffing, recruiting and culture firm with business units that specialize in accounting and finance, administrative, call center, healthcare revenue cycle, human resources, management resources, marketing, sales, supply chain, technology and executive search. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle has worked with thousands of clients and placed more than 74,000 candidates in temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent positions. LaSalle Network has been listed on Inc. Magazine’s 500/5000 “Fastest-Growing Privately Held Companies in America” list for 12 years, Inc. Magazine’s 2016 and 2018 “50 Best Workplaces,” Forbes’ 2018 and 2019 "America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms" list, Fortune's "Best Small & Medium Companies to Work For" and “Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services” for four years, and Crain’s Chicago Business’ “Best Places to Work” list for seven years. The firm has offices in downtown Chicago, Oak Brook and Schaumburg. For more information, please call 312-419-1700 or visit www.lasallenetwork.com.