CHICAGO (August 24, 2016) – In honor of its 18th anniversary, LaSalle Network, a national staffing and recruiting firm, incorporated a new philanthropic initiative: giving back to 17 charities in five days.
For the week-long celebration of the firm’s anniversary, Founder and CEO, Tom Gimbel, announced a new annual initiative of giving back to charities nominated by staff.
All employees could submit a short essay nominating a charity and explaining why it was significant to them, and each day of the week, Gimbel donated $1,000 dollars to a charity.
“Philanthropy is close to my heart and part of what our success as a company has allowed us to do is to give back,” said Gimbel. “I never wanted it to be about what charities I supported, but what was important to our employees and giving back to charities that are important to them.”
Since there were more charities nominated than days of the week, Gimbel surprised staff by announcing that the remaining charities nominated would receive $250 dollars.
“Having Tom and LaSalle donate to a charity that means so much to my family was very humbling,” said Jenna Spathis, Technology Services Project Manager. “I am beyond lucky to work somewhere that values and supports me both professionally and personally.”
Charities that received $1,000 dollars include:
- Mutual Ground provides services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault
- LUNGevity is the largest national lung cancer-focused nonprofit changing outcomes for people with lung cancer through research, education and support
- Pancreatic Cancer Action Network is a national organization providing support, resources, volunteer opportunities and hope for people fighting pancreatic cancer
- Ryan Waldheger Research Memorial Foundation strives to improve cancer care for adolescents and young adults through research that bridges the gap between pediatric and adult cancer care programs
- Make-A-Wish grants the wish of every child diagnosed with a life-threatening medical condition
For more information on LaSalle Network, please visit lasallenetwork.com or contact Heather Youkhana at 312-496-6562 or email@example.com.
About LaSalle Network
LaSalle Network is a leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services with business units that specialize in accounting and finance, technology, administrative, call center, human resources, marketing, executive search, supply chain, and healthcare revenue cycle. Since its inception, LaSalle has worked with thousands of clients and placed thousands of candidates in temporary, temporary-to-permanent and permanent positions. LaSalle Network has been listed on Inc. Magazine’s 500/5000 “Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies in America” list for 10 consecutive years, named by Staffing Industry Analysts’ as a top five “Best Staffing Firms to Work For” from 2011 to 2016, Glassdoor’s 2016 “Best Places to Work,” Inc. Magazine’s 2016 “50 Best Workplaces,” and Crain’s Chicago Business’ “Best Places to Work” list from 2014 to 2016. The firm has offices in downtown Chicago, Arlington Heights, Oak Brook and San Francisco. For more information, please call 312-419-1700 or visit www.lasallenetwork.com.