LaSalle Network is partnering with one of the country's best known service brands to hire a Vice President of Planning and Procurement. Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Supply Chain, the Vice President of Planning and Procurement will be responsible for all aspects of inventory management as well as supply management activities for various areas of spend within categories, both direct and indirect.
This role is critical in maximizing savings with bottom line impact, including year-over-year productivity improvements, while creating strategic vendor relationships that balance improving product quality and vendor service levels. This role will partner cross functionally across all segments of the business, locally as well as globally, to leverage enterprise scale, thought leadership and strategic relationships.
Vice President of Planning and Procurement Responsibilities:
- Lead new product development processes to assure timely acquisition of materials to support product launches
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to procurement
- Lead strategic planning efforts for sourcing around operations strategic plan and sales and operations planning objectives that help support best-in-class supply chain execution
- Drive annual productivity improvements in each spend category
- Develop an expertise in the category spend categories within each business unit
- Implement a sustainable sourcing and procurement strategy with related staffing and enterprise-wide processes to gain alignment with critical suppliers
- Effectively address and steer risk management by staying current with evolving quality factors as product complexity increases
- Develop a world class supplier diversity program in coordination with clients and internal senior leadership
- Audit existing workflow and processes, establish baseline performance metrics and innovate and streamline at every turn
- Lead the development of vendor relationships, programs, integrations and monitoring to ensure real-time data streams and service level agreement and costs targets are met
- Develop sales, margin and inventory productivity targets in partnership with Category Manager, both pre-season and in-season
- Lead the inventory management function which includes achieving targeted turnover of product to maximize cash utilization and adjust inventory needs to support new product and service goals of the organization, and other related activities
- Teach, coach and mentor the Category Management teams to become proficient in advanced procurement concepts such as Strategic Sourcing, Make/Buy Decision Process, Sales/Operations Planning, Supplier Agility and Procurement Analytics
Vice President of Planning and Procurement Requirements:
- Proven leader and subject matter expert who creates inventory management and supplier strategies that directly align with and support overall business strategies
- Sees beyond the current philosophies and processes, continuously challenging the status quo and providing recommendations that drive improved performance
- Excellent relationship building and influence by anticipating the needs of stakeholders and asking the right questions
- Keen sense of urgency and ability to keep pace in a fast-moving environment
- Strategic thinker, yet practical applicator who designs and delivers people programs through the eyes of internal customers
- Experience with implementation and use of technologies that enable improved inventory visibility, quality alerts, actions and compliance
- 15+ years of progressive procurement and inventory management leadership experience
- Experience with Oracle ERP is a plus
- Demonstrated purchasing organizational transformation experience; has taken a global purchasing organization and transformed it into a best-in-class strategic sourcing team that provided new competitive advantages
- Strong commercial, investigation, strategic and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive significant, positive impact across a large-scale operating company
- Experience with a growth organization focused on culture and engagement
- Experience leading national or global initiatives with heavy organizational change management requirements
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
If you are interested in this role, please apply today!
Senior Project Manager
Keywords and Related Terms: procurement , planning , demand , glass , application goods , hard goods #LI-DNP
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.