Our client, a global technology company located in Chicago, IL is looking for a Transportation Specialist to help continue their pattern of growth. The Transportation Specialist will be responsible for handling the coordination of global shipments coming into the US as well as ensuring up to date tracking and US customs compliance.
Transportation Specialist Responsibilities:
- Create delivery orders for carriers and coordinate deliveries from port to the final destination
- Review and validate details regarding imports into North America to ensure US customs compliance
- Create/maintain tracking sheets to ensure up to date tracking history
- Any other ad hoc projects as assigned
Transportation Specialist Requirements:
- 2+ years of logistics experience, specifically freight forwarding experience
- Prior experience with international shipments a huge plus
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables and VLOOKUP’s, specifically in a supply chain management environment
- Experience with SAP is a plus!
If you are interested in this Transportation Specialist opportunity and qualify per above requirements, please apply today.
Project Manager, Supply Chain
Keywords and Related Terms: logistics , supply chain ,delivery , tracking , inventory, Business , Economics , business , international, global, pivot tables , Excel , vlookups , SAP , ERP , international logistics , international , export , import , supply , planning , demand , transportation , operations #LI-SCPROJ
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.