Job DescriptionOur client is hiring within the logistics department as the food manufacturing practice continues to exponentially grow. With this company’s commitment to excellence and innovation, they pride themselves on delivering top-quality products to customers nationwide. We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated onsite Transportation Associate to optimize transportation operations within their state-of-the-art manufacturing plant.
The Transportation Associate is responsible for follow through of purchase orders from start to finish, generating report data for monitoring KPI’s, communicating with plants regarding issue resolution and process best practices and resolving supplier errors related to purchase order requisition, pricing, invoicing and order follow through.
Transportation Associate Responsibilities:
- Coordinate inbound purchase orders against transportation activities, including inbound and outbound logistics, routing, supply allocation and customer follow through
- Collaborate with various internal departments, such as production, procurement and warehouse, to ensure seamless coordination and execution of transportation operations
- Monitor, plan and analyze freight loads, modes of transportation and performance metrics, identify areas for improvement and implement corrective actions to enhance operational efficiency
- Maintain accurate records of transportation activities, including shipment documentation, invoices and reports, ensuring adherence to legal and regulatory requirements
Transportation Associate Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in logistics, supply chain management or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 2-3+ years of experience within logistics
- Proven experience in high volume purchase orders, fleet dispatch and transportation management within a manufacturing or industrial setting, preferably in the CPG, pharmaceutical, beverage, food or meat industry
- Proficiency in SAP preferred
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze data, identify trends and develop effective solutions in TMS
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, stakeholders and external partners
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational and multitasking abilities to prioritize tasks in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work onsite and within a manufacturing plant
If you are interested in 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift opportunities with a leader in the CPG and food manufacturing industry, please submit your resume and apply to this Transportation Associate position today!
Senior Project Manager, Supply Chain Recruiting
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of direct hire and temporary staffing services. For over two
decades, LaSalle has helped organizations hire faster and connect top talent with opportunities, from
entry-level positions to the C-suite. With units specializing in Accounting and Finance, Administrative,
Marketing, Technology, Supply chain, Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Call Center, Human Resources and Executive
Search. LaSalle offers staffing and recruiting solutions to companies of all sizes and across all
industries. LaSalle Network is the premier staffing and recruiting firm, earning over 100 culture,
revenue and industry-based awards from major publications and having its company experts regularly
contribute insights on retention strategies, hiring trends and hiring challenges, and more to national