LaSalle Network has partnered with a growing marketing and technology company that is expanding in the Midwest region, is looking for top talent to join their organization, including their next Payroll Specialist! This position, located in downtown Chicago, requires basic knowledge of payroll and strong analytical skills, along with the ability to make independent judgments for the purpose of directing company-wide payroll processes.
The Payroll Specialist will perform a variety of professional payroll work including, but not limited to, administrative duties involving the verification of changes input into the payroll system, internal controls and records, and the day-to-day payroll processing operations.
Payroll Specialist Responsibilities:
- Process bi-weekly payroll for hourly and salaried employees
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll and time off inquires in person, via phone and email in a timely fashion (within 24 hours)
- Sort and distribute bi-weekly paychecks and distribute to appropriate divisions
- Remain knowledgeable, ensure compliance with and answer general inquires with regard to company policies, procedures and programs which govern employees, including but not limited to the Employee Handbook
Payroll Specialist Requirements:
- At least 2+ years of work experience with payroll
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is required
- Knowledgeable in tax, garnishment and other government regulations
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, while organizing and prioritizing work to meet deadlines is required
If you are interested in the Payroll Specialist position and meet the above requirements, please apply today!
Unit Manager, Accounting & Finance
Keywords and Related Terms: payroll , payroll specialist , processing , exempt , non exempt , union , non union , paycom , adp , garnishments, multi state
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.