LaSalle Network has partnered with a client in the technology, manufacturing and distribution industry to find their next Technical Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in all aspects of group accounting and financial reporting, including financial statements. The Technical Accounting Manager will assist in making financial decisions in a variety of accounting functions, while also having high visibility to group leadership.
Technical Accounting Manager Responsibilities:
- Review and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Perform research on complex accounting issues, communicate findings to Finance management, and coordinate discussions with external auditors and others in order to drive issues to completion
- Play lead role in assisting group finance and their external advisors in performing opening balance sheet work following a recent acquisition
- Analyze contracts with enterprise customers and determine appropriate accounting treatment under ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers, and liaise with UK Group Finance to confirm any US to UK GAAP reporting differences
- Review lease agreements and determine appropriate accounting treatment under ASC 842, Leases, and prepare/review monthly US to UK GAAP reporting adjustments
- Monitor accounting guidance changes and regulatory updates; provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums to document conclusions.
- Analyze differences in US GAAP and FRS 102 reporting standards
- Manage implementation of new lease accounting software
- Assist in the creation, implementation, and maintenance of global accounting policies and procedures to improve clarity and consistency of financial reporting.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors to complete audits
- Research discrepancies of financial information or documentation to ensure accuracy and adherence to established procedures
- Manage special projects related to accounting, reporting, and internal controls
- Manage and develop a team of direct reports
Technical Accounting Manager Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience with financial systems, budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, and auditing
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Active CPA license
- Strong knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles
- Ability to professional drive change and process
- Extremely high level of written and verbal communication skills
- Strong background in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel
If you are interested in this Technical Accounting Manager role and qualify per the above requirement, please apply today!
Associate Director, Executive Search
Keywords and Related Terms: technical accounting , manager , cpa , gaap , uk gaap , ifrs , white papers , memo writing
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.