LaSalle Network is currently partnering with one of the fastest growing real estate firms in Chicago to identify their next Tax Manager. The Tax Manager will support the acquisitions team with tax structuring of their investments. The Tax Manager will be responsible for tax research, tax exempt partners, tax equity and purchasing tax equity, partnership, inverted lease and corporate tax compliance.
Our client is known for their positive culture and work/life balance. This role offers a competitive salary/bonus structure, generous benefits, advancement opportunities, and a family friendly team-based work environment will be available to the right candidate. Intellectual curiosity and the ability to grow and develop are highly encouraged and sought after. This role would start remotely for the time being and eventually transition into the office as the company does.
Tax Manager Responsibilities:
- Tax structuring, planning, and due diligence for acquisitions and dispositions. Experience should include state & local income and franchise tax.
- Understand the impact of complex fund structures, transactions, partner allocations and disclosures on various types of investors (foreign, tax-exempt, domestic, etc.)
- Coordinate with external tax advisors to prepare taxable income projections for corporations, REITs, and pass-through entities
- Review pass-through entity, REIT, and corporate tax returns, extensions, and quarterly estimates prepared by external tax advisors and joint venture partners. Help to ensure all tax filings and payments are timely filed.
- Coordinate with the accounting department, and ensure all proper tax disclosures are included in order to comply with regulatory agencies
Tax Manager Requirements:
- BA/BS in Accounting required
- 6+ years of tax experience within public or corporate accounting or legal, commercial real estate
- CPA required/ JD preferred
- A solid understanding regarding partnerships, inverted lease, and corporate tax compliance and consulting issues.
- Understanding of GAAP income tax accounting
- Knowledge of HLBV accounting, partnership flip analysis with disproportionate cash and income allocations, accelerated depreciation, etc.
If you are interested and qualify for this Tax Manager position, please apply today.
Executive Search, Project Manager
Keywords and Related Terms: tax , tax manager , REIT , accounting , GAAP
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.