LaSalle Network has partnered with a financial services firm that has been around for more than 20 years with operations in the US, Canada and England. They are a leader in their space and recently went public a few years ago. They are looking for a Tax Manager to manage various aspects of the tax department for a $1B multi-national recently public organization.
The organization prides themselves on phenomenal work life balance, as well as a strong benefits package. The role can start remotely and have flexibility of work from home in the future once return to office becomes stabilized.
Tax Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage income tax compliance and tax accounting including development of short- and long-term strategies
- Support the development and implementation of a vision for creating an appropriately sized tax department striking a balance of internal and external resources
- Proactively communicate risks, opportunities, challenges and regular updates on progress to senior members of management
- Support strategic financial and operational initiatives of the company
- Manage and review monthly ASC 740 income tax provision process for all entities / jurisdictions, including execution of internal controls.
- Manage the outsourced preparation of the federal, state and foreign tax returns with third party accounting firm, prepare workpapers/schedules, and review completed returns
- Manage and review the tax payments process for all entities / jurisdictions
- Manage property tax, sales and use tax, GST/HST and other indirect taxes for all entities / jurisdictions
- Responsible for the direction, coordination, and evaluation of assigned team, including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and managing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Tax Manager Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or master’s degree in Taxation from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
- CPA Certification preferred but not required
- 5+ years of experience in income tax accounting and compliance including experience in a managerial role; mix of corporate tax department and national public accounting firm experience highly preferred.
- Previous experience with tax provision software preferred
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and dig-in to understand the business and systems
- Ability to prepare a concise and relevant analysis in excel and PowerPoint
- Well organized and self-motivated with ability to meet deadlines Responsible for the coordination of assigned team, including training employees; planning and assigning, and resolving problems.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
If you are interested in this Tax Manager position and qualify per the above requirements, please apply today!
Project Manager, Executive Search- Accounting & Finance
Keywords and Related Terms: tax , tax manager , taxation , accounting , finance , CPA
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in administrative, marketing, sales, supply chain, call center, accounting and finance, executive search, technology, healthcare revenue cycle, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.