Are you a strategic sourcing professional? LaSalle Network has partnered with a multi-billion dollar industry leader in packaging looking for their next Strategic Sourcing Manager. The ideal candidate will have a mix of supply chain and relationship building experience. This role reports into the Senior Director of Supply Chain.
Strategic Sourcing Manager Responsibilities:
- Partner with sales to match supplier capabilities with market needs and understand new product needs
- Focus on developing new supplier and meet with potential new suppliers
- Act as primary escalation point of contact for suppliers in the strategic sourcing process and actively develop, communicate, and execute supplier strategies
- Lead development of supplier and category sourcing strategies. Focus on creating supplier relationships which offer a mutually beneficial partnership
- Develop industry knowledge and insights in order to be a resource for new category sourcing needs
- Coordinate with the project management team on the production of custom tools
- Develop and drive cost reduction initiatives for the branch. Evaluate supplier quotations and develop negotiation strategies
Strategic Sourcing Manager Requirements:
- 5+ years of related experience ideally within a distribution and or manufacturing environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage senior level relationships with suppliers both locally and corporately
- Interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict management skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong decision-maker
- Up to 30% travel required
If you are interested in this Strategic Sourcing Manager opportunity and qualify per the requirements, please apply today!
Recruiter, Executive Search
Keywords and Related Terms: sourcing , procurement , buyer , manager , supplier , source , project , supply , chain , distribution , manufacturing , branch
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in marketing, administrative, accounting and finance, executive search, technology, sales, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.