Are you a Staff Accountant who wants direct exposure to management and to be valued in an environment that promotes from within? Our client is a multi-billion-dollar public company in the distribution industry. They are looking for someone that wants to take on new challenges and grow in the company. The Staff Accountant will have a minimum of two years of inventory accounting experience and the drive to be a team player in the accounting department.
This opportunity as a Staff Accountant offers the ability work with multiple department heads within the organization to analyze inventory activity, calculate profit & material prices, and assist with reporting.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Prepare inventory analysis for internal & external reporting
- Periodically test the accuracy of inventory records
- Establish accounting policies and procedures covering inventory accounting
- Annual & quarterly physical inventory counts
- Calculate profit impact of cigarette and other material price increases
- Record stamp return goods manufactures
- Prepare purchase price variance/inventory price variance for inventory analysis
Staff Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or any business-related degree
- Minimum of 2 years of experience of relevant accounting experience, preferably in a transportation/distribution/manufacturing environment.
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to understand, analyze, and interpret inventory information in varying formats
- SAP experience preferred
- CPA preferred but not required
If you are interested in this Staff Accountant role, please apply today!
Project Manager, Accounting & Finance
Keywords and Related Terms: accounting , accountant , inventory , count , reporting , testing , excel , SAP , analyzing , CPA , P&L , AP , AR , PPV , IPV , RGM
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.