Our client, a global marketing and consulting firm, is looking to add a Staff Accountant to their growing team. The ideal candidate will have prior work experience at a publicly held organization, and or have worked in public accounting prior. The Staff Accountant is responsible for the processing, recording, updating, and reconciling of fiscal information in compliance with established policies for the Revenue and Inventory Group.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records and other financial reports to assess accuracy and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Drive the monthly revenue close process, including deferred revenue, revenue accruals, prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, revenue and inventory reporting, and flux analyses
- Research and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities related to revenue and inventory
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions
- Determine monthly accruals for unbilled revenue and cost of sales per internal accounting policies
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of monthly, quarterly, and year-end close related to revenue and inventory
- Assist in the improvement of the revenue and inventory processes
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses
- 1-2+ years’ related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles
- Proven ability to professionally drive change and process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong background in Microsoft Office; excellent command with Excel and manipulating large data sets is a must (V-Lookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience excelling within fast-paced, high-energy environments
Project Manager, Accounting and Finance
Keywords and Related Terms: staff accountant , branding , consulting , public accounting , 2 years , gl accountant , revenue accountant
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in administrative, accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, sales, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.