Our client, a rapidly growing startup within scientific equipment manufacturer, is looking to hire at their headquarters in the northern suburbs of Chicago. The company has experienced rapid growth over the past few years while supporting research across multiple areas, including vaccinations and pathogen research. As the company continues to grow, they are looking to expand their accounting team and hire a Staff Accountant.
This Staff Accountant will be involved in month end close and reporting processes, work hand in hand with the Controller and have high visibility to senior leadership and the founding partners. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, be self-motivated and thrive in a highly collaborative environment. This role is budgeted for $55,000-$70,000 in an annual base salary.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Create and prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Prepare monthly journal entries, perform balance sheet reconciliations and support financial reporting functions
- Own the accounts payable process including vendor payments, credit card transactions and related entries
- Work cross-functionally with marketing and sales teams on competitor and promotional analysis
- Collaborate with the Controller on process improvements and growth initiatives
Staff Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 2-4 years of relevant accounting or professional experience
- Strong technical skills in Excel
- “Go-getter” personality with an exceptional ability to be adaptable
If you are looking for an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly expanding organization and join a family-oriented environment, this is the perfect opportunity for you! If you are interested in this Staff Accountant opportunity and qualify per above requirements, please apply today.
Senior Project Manager, Accounting & Finance
Keywords and Related Terms: excel , retail , health , wellness , pricing, commodities, price, modeling, ad hoc, profitability, analysis, cost, consumer products , analyze , results , accounting , finance , operations , profit & loss , month-end , month end , AP , accounts payable , AR , accounts receivable , cash , variance analysis , financial , finance , costing , inventory , netsuite , public accounting , CPG , entry level , entry-level , fresh grads , recent grads , now hiring science , scientific , manufacturing , MS Dynamics , microsoft , D365 #LI-DNP
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.