Job DescriptionLooking to join a fast-paced environment and be part of a reputable organization? Our client, a full-service investment banking firm that offers a variety of services spanning across enterprise risk management, capital markets, client insights and analytics and balance sheet strategy, is hiring a Staff Accountant who wants to learn the ins and outs of the corporate accounting realm.
This Staff Accountant will report into the Corporate Controller who brings 20 years of experience in the financial services industry and will serve as a great mentor to this new hire. You’ll have involvement in the full month end close, support reporting and data interpretation, and provide insight on new initiatives. This role is budgeted for $70,000-80,000 annual base salary + 10% annual bonus incentive.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Participate in the corporate level month end close and monthly reporting processes
- Prepare journal entries, perform balance sheet reconciliations and support financial reporting functions
- Work cross-functionally with the FP&A team and other internal partners
- Provide support in the annual audit
- Research, track and resolve accounting discrepancies
- Assist with quarterly and annual financial reporting
- Serve as the back-up for accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
Staff Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 1-3 years of accounting experience out of a service-based organization
- Proficiency in Excel with comfortability utilizing functions such as pivot tables, LOOKUPs and formulas
- Individual who is detail-oriented and has strong communication abilities
This team is looking to hire top talent in the Chicagoland area. If you are looking to further your career as a Staff Accountant, please apply today!
Associate Principal, Accounting & Finance
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of direct hire and temporary staffing services. For over two
decades, LaSalle has helped organizations hire faster and connect top talent with opportunities, from
entry-level positions to the C-suite. With units specializing in Accounting and Finance, Administrative,
Marketing, Technology, Supply chain, Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Call Center, Human Resources and Executive
Search. LaSalle offers staffing and recruiting solutions to companies of all sizes and across all
industries. LaSalle Network is the premier staffing and recruiting firm, earning over 100 culture,
revenue and industry-based awards from major publications and having its company experts regularly
contribute insights on retention strategies, hiring trends and hiring challenges, and more to national