Are you a procurement professional who is interested in a strategic procurement role for a strong and steadily growing multi-national company? Our partner is looking for candidates with 5+ years of experience in purchasing to join their team as a Senior Purchasing Manager Transportation & Logistics. The Senior Purchasing Manager Transportation & Logistics will help drive transportation purchasing for the North American organization.
Senior Purchasing Manager Transportation & Logistics Responsibilities:
- Responsible for North American road & rail transportation procurement for our network (primarily truckload & intermodal)
- Responsible for $150M spend management across stock & customer freight
- Responsible for supplier & stakeholder relationship management, contract negotiation & administration, cost savings & avoidance, forecasting, risk management and compliance
- Collaborative, self-starting, role with frequent cross-functional and global interaction between purchasing, supply chain & finance stakeholders
- Leverages current and future business requirements, market intelligence, and historical spend information to develop and support category strategies that drives a simplified and sustainable supply base, business value and continuous improvement while being accountable for their implementation
- Independently develop & manage projects and processes that include RFIs, RFPs, eSourcing, direct negotiation and reporting for both existing and new business
- Represent North American logistics purchasing to internal teams and to external suppliers in a professional, collaborative manner
- Identify, plan, and execute on process improvement activities including digitalization, communication, market approaches and analytical analysis
- Contribute to the development of annual team and functional objectives
- Demonstrate potential to move to a Regional KAM role and/or Regional Sourcing Team Lead role
Senior Purchasing Manager Transportation & Logistics Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required & MBA preferred
- Fluent in English is mandatory, both written & spoken, any other language is a plus
- 6+ years related experience in transportation purchasing and/or supply chain, operational experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of good purchasing practices, supply chain management and contract law as it applies to the procurement process
- Strong knowledge of multi-modal transportation (truckload, intermodal, railcar, less-than-truckload) market including suppliers, industry information and key cost drivers
- Experience proactively engaging customers and suppliers to identify and define potential opportunities and issues; developing solutions that create value
- Strong negotiation & project management skills with demonstrated flexibility in approach
- Excels at stakeholder management and team collaboration
- Thinker and do-er, understands the big picture & integration points, take personal accountability and ownership of tasks & deliver results
- Excellent analytical, problem solving & influential skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize
If you are interested in this Senior Purchasing Manager Transportation & Logistics role, please apply today!
Senior Project Manager
Keywords and Related Terms: supply chain , replenishment , procurement, purchasing , planning , sourcing , Supplier negotiations, MRO , supplier scorecard, indirect procurement, Supplier , contract negotiations , contract management , supplier relations , supply , pivot tables , Excel , vlookups , Power BI , consumer products #LI-NASUPC
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.