Our client, an international logistics company, is looking to hire a Senior Transportation Planner in their Chicago office. This position provides the opportunity for growth with a global company that has been a long-term player in the transportation and logistics industry. The current team is growing, and they are therefore looking for a dynamic and high potential supply chain professional to be their next Senior Transportation Planner.
Senior Transportation Planner Responsibilities:
- Utilize analytics reporting tools to pull transportation data regarding carrier pricing, delivery times, accuracy, and other crucial KPIs
- Lead teams of Client Representatives and Logistics Coordinators to oversee customer service and daily operations
- Participate in client load building, tendering, tracking, and tracing
- Update and enter data within the TMS
- Coordinate requests for shipments, status, and other ad hoc requests
- Maintain and foster client and carrier relationships as well as collaborate with key account users and other internal finance teams
Senior Transportation Planner Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, a focus in supply chain management preferred
- Familiarity with TMS tools (including order management, carrier selection, rating, and routing functions) Zendesk, Harvest, MercuryGate, Tableau, etc
- Proven experience in transportation planning for LTL, Intermodal, Truckload, Expedited
- Proficient in MS Office, with emphasis on Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If interested in this Senior Transportation Planner position and qualify per the above requirements, please apply today!
Senior Project Manager, Supply Chain
Keywords and Related Terms: reporting , logistics , supply chain , logistics coordinator , Red Prairie , TMS , carriers , logistics , LTL , load planning , scheduling , dispatch , Tableau , Load tendering , 3PL , 3rd party logistics
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in administrative, accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.