Are you a procurement professional looking to help drive procurement strategy for a strong and steadily growing multi-national company? Our partner is looking for candidates with 5+ years of experience in purchasing to join their team as a Purchasing Category Manager. The Purchasing Category Manager will help drive the raw materials purchasing function for the North American organization.
The ideal candidate is a 5+ year procurement professional with at least 2-3 years in raw materials procurement, who enjoys driving supplier relationships, RFPs and negotiating/managing contracts. You like to work collaboratively and cross-functionally and are ready to take on a new challenge in a growing company with an incredible culture.
Senior Purchasing Manager - Raw Materials Responsibilities:
- Execute local, national, regional and global agreement programs for products or services consistent with company goals, procedures and policies
- Focus on obtaining maximum value for the company by managing cost, quality and service targets as outlined by purchasing management focused on chemical purchasing
- Report within a matrix structure so strong organization and communication skills are required
- Independently manage processes that include RFPs, tenders, reporting, analysis and e-sourcing
- Responsible for stakeholder management, management of category spend and KPIs
- Align multinational resources to successfully address and resolve Supply Chain issues
- Proven understanding of general business processes including Supply Chain/Procurement planning, Costing, Finance and Purchasing role in these processes
- Execute Purchasing tools and processes that include CCDB (cost chase database) Ariba, SAP, Power BI for analytics
Senior Purchasing Manager - Raw Materials Requirements:
- Four-year college degree with 6+ years of related experience OR MBA degree with a minimum of 3+ years of related purchasing experience
- 2-3 years of raw materials purchasing; experience with purchasing chemicals a plus
- Demonstrated project management and presentation skills
- Ability to develop and execute strategic regional category initiatives working with Global Category Team
- Expert knowledge of market including supplier base, general industry information and cost drivers
- Expert knowledge of good Purchasing practices, contract law as it applies to the Procurement process and Supply Chain Management
- Advanced Excel and Power BI, preffered.
If you are interested in this Senior Purchasing Manager - Raw Materials role, please apply today!
Keywords and Related Terms: reporting , logistics , supply chain , logistics coordinator , TMS , carriers , logistics , LTL , load planning , scheduling , dispatch , S&OP , planning, supply , demand , warehouse , distribution , director , integration , procurement , M&A , implementation , change management , hybrid , purchasing #LI-NADH
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of direct hire and temporary staffing services. For over two decades, LaSalle has helped organizations hire faster and connect top talent with opportunities, from entry-level positions to the C-suite. With units specializing in Accounting and Finance, Administrative, Marketing, Technology, Supply chain, Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Call Center, Human Resources and Executive Search. LaSalle offers staffing and recruiting solutions to companies of all sizes and across all industries. LaSalle Network is the premier staffing and recruiting firm, earning over 100 culture, revenue and industry-based awards from major publications and having its company experts regularly contribute insights on retention strategies, hiring trends and hiring challenges, and more to national news outlets.