Job DescriptionLooking to join an organization that impacts thousands of local Chicagoans and makes a difference in the community? You’ve come to the right place! This organization serves over 4,000 children by aiming to improve the quality of life for economically diverse families through various programs such as social services, early childhood education and health services. As they expand their network, this team is hiring for a newly created Senior Non-Profit Accountant role at their HQ in the Pilsen area of Chicago.
The Senior Non-Profit Accountant will have involvement in the full monthly close process and work closely with the Director of Accounting. The goal is to have this person learn the business and move into management in the next 1-2 years. This position is budgeted for $75,000-80,000 annual base salary.
Senior Non-Profit Accountant Responsibilities:
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close
- Perform general accounting and grant accounting work
- Review the work of the AR Accountant
- Coordinate the timely and accurate preparation of monthly financial statements, quarterly and annual budgeting/forecasting, required filings and other financial reporting and analysis as needed
- Collaborate with senior leadership on strategy and direction of the organization
- Assist with the preparation of external audit schedules including but not limited to contributions/ pledges, net assets, endowments and core financial statement accounts
- Collaborate with Fund Development team on all financial activity, data analytics, reporting and metrics within gift processing
- Be involved in ad hoc projects as assigned
Senior Non-Profit Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- 3+ years of experience within accounting, with specific industry experience within a non-profit organization highly preferred
- Self-motivated and able to take on a project, build a plan and execute
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
If you are interested in this Senior Non-Profit Accountant position and qualify per the above requirements, please apply today!
Associate Principal, Accounting & Finance
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of direct hire and temporary staffing services. For over two
decades, LaSalle has helped organizations hire faster and connect top talent with opportunities, from
entry-level positions to the C-suite. With units specializing in Accounting and Finance, Administrative,
Marketing, Technology, Supply chain, Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Call Center, Human Resources and Executive
Search. LaSalle offers staffing and recruiting solutions to companies of all sizes and across all
industries. LaSalle Network is the premier staffing and recruiting firm, earning over 100 culture,
revenue and industry-based awards from major publications and having its company experts regularly
contribute insights on retention strategies, hiring trends and hiring challenges, and more to national