LaSalle Network is currently partnering with one of the world’s largest food and beverage companies to help them hire a team of Senior Data Engineers. This company is going through a digital revolution and is implementing new technologies to generate insights from connected data, enabling them to advance data-driven decision-making capabilities across the enterprise. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of data architecture, data engineering, data analysis, and reporting. The Senior Data Engineers will also have a basic understanding of data science techniques and workflows, as well as the business processes supported by the data pipeline. This is a 6-month contract-to-hire opportunity.
Senior Data Engineer Responsibilities:
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary agile team to build high quality data pipelines driving analytic solutions
- Design, develop, optimize, and maintain data architecture and pipelines that adhere to ETL principles and business goals
- Solve complex data problems to deliver insights that help our business to achieve their goals
- Create data products for Business Intelligence Engineers, Business Analysts, and data scientist team members to improve their productivity
- Advise, consult, mentor, and coach other data and analytic professionals on data standards and practices
- Foster a culture of sharing, re-use, design for scale stability, and operational efficiency of data and analytical solutions
- Lead the evaluation, implementation, and deployment of emerging tools and process for analytic data engineering in order to improve our productivity as a team
- Develop and deliver communication and education plans on analytic data engineering capabilities, standards, and processes
- Partner with Machine Learning Engineers, Business Intelligence Engineers, and Solutions Architects to develop technical architectures for strategic enterprise projects and initiatives
Senior Data Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Computer Science, MIS, or Engineering preferred
- Expertise in ETL and data analysis and experience with SQL and at least one programming language (Python/R preferred)
- Experience developing and maintaining data warehouses in big data solutions e.g. Snowflake
- Experience with developing solutions on cloud computing services and infrastructure in the data and analytics space (preferred)
- Database development experience using Hadoop, SPARK, or BigQuery and experience with a variety of relational, NoSQL, and cloud database technologies
- Worked with BI tools such as Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI, or Looker
- Conceptual knowledge of data and analytics, such as dimensional modeling, ELT, reporting tools, data governance, data warehousing, and structured and unstructured data.
- Big Data Development experience using Hive, Impala, Spark, and familiarity with Kafka (preferred)
- Familiarity with the Linux operating system
- Exposure to machine learning, data science, computer vision, artificial intelligence, statistics, and/or applied mathematics
- An agile learner who brings strong problem-solving skills and enjoys working as part of a technical, cross functional team to solve complex data problems
If you are interested in the Senior Data Engineer opportunity and are ready to work for an organization that will reward your hard work and effort with upward professional development, please apply today!
Sr. Project Manager, Technology Services
Keywords and Related Terms: data engineering , ETL , Python , R , SQL , business intelligence , data analytics , consumer insights
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.