Are you a Category Leader in the CPG space looking to make the next step in your career? Do you love seeing goals from start to finish and taking a CPG category to new heights? Then we have the position for you!
LaSalle Network has partnered with a global CPG company here in Chicago as they look to hire a Sr. Category Manager for their team. In this position, you will lead the development of customer focused category plans via recommendations on product range, optimum promotions, pricing and Shopper Marketing Program support. You will have high visibility to company executives on internal projects such as board meeting presentations, KPI setting and new product benchmarking.
Sr. Category Manager Responsibilities:
- Be the category and brand advocate with key retailers and tell convincing stories through data translation
- Champion best practice in category management across the group
- Develop insight-led customer focused category recommendations through analysis of optimum range assortment, promotions and pricing
- Prioritize and understand major customer performance and develop presentations to expand current brand business using consumer and category insights to enhance new listings and expansion of current brand within store sets
- Build relationships with customer contacts to identify/create category opportunities
- Support delivery of reporting for total business and critical segments
- Prepare and deliver annual category development plans to support joint business planning processes
- Prepare and deliver new product roll out presentations to priority customers
- Manage vendors to ensure accurate data reporting (such as Nielsen, IRI, etc.)
Sr. Category Manager Requirements:
- 3+ years of category management within the CPG space
- Expert in the use of IRI/Nielsen POS and Panel data plus analytical tools
- Undergraduate degree in an analytical or research field (finance, math, statistics, consumer research, etc.) preferred
- Strong presentation skills – external and internal
- Advanced skills in PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Office
- Able to articulate data concepts to a non-expert audience
- Experience solving problems independently and building processes where none previously existed
Keywords and Related Terms: category , IRI , Nielsen , POS , panel data , CPG , insights #LI-CTMK
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.