The Accounting Manager will plan, organize, direct, and control the transaction processing functions of the company, including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting and month end close.
This role will also identify opportunities to continuously improve the company’s internal control environment; to improve transaction processing efficiencies; to identify and implement new technology and tools related to accounting systems and processing, and to provide leadership and direction to direct reports to ensure their success.
Accounting Manager Responsibilities:
- Delegation of responsibilities and managing the accounting staff; cost accountants and accounting advisor
- Responsible for ensuring overall accuracy or Contribution Margin within region/district and overall accuracy of warehouse cost centers
- Review & analyze Region financial statements for accuracy & comparability, providing written explanations for material variances & fluctuations
- Collaborates with management to develop schedules, procedures, and systems to enable timely and informative accumulation, adjustment, and reporting of financial data.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures and recommends updates as needed
- Provide a quality assurance process to ensure the integrity and accuracy of transaction processing
- Manage the month-end close processes
- Conduct monthly account analysis
- Assist management in the effective and accurate analysis of financial statement results and in researching variances from budget and prior years activity
Accounting Manager Requirements:
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong background in transaction processing and GAAP
- Forward thinking with high ethical standards
- Proficient in Excel, SAP or Blackline preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required, MBA preferred
- 5 years or more of related experience required
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred
- Hybrid schedule- 6-9 days in office per month, month-end close process can be done from home
Keywords and Related Terms: accounting , accountant , accounting manager , finance , CPG , consumer goods , strategic , business , forecasting , budgeting , planning , team , management , acquisition #LI-NAAFDH
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.