Our client, one of the fastest growing real estate investment management firms, is seeking a Senior Accountant to join the Global Finance team at their headquarters in downtown Chicago. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in a career in finance within an organization that will provide opportunities for growth.
The Global Finance team provides financial guidance and stewardship to the multi-billion dollar revenue Global Operations, partnering with divisional finance teams to understand and advise the organization. This Senior Accountant will join a cross-functional and a truly collaborative environment that empowers team member to make decisions that drive results.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Participate in month end close, including preparation of journal entries, maintenance of GL accounts, preparation of account reconciliations
- Assist to ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and year-end close and consolidation processes
- Maintain SOX compliance and coordinate responses to requests made by both internal and external auditors
- Analyze the Region’s financial results
- Maintain and improve financial analysis tools and models to proactively identify variances requiring further research during the month-end close
- Summarize and report key findings
- Evaluate business needs and make recommendations to management regarding process improvement
- Assist in ongoing system maintenance
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc analysis requests
Senior Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum 4 years of accounting experience (public accounting experience preferred)
- Detail oriented with ability to think strategically and analytically
- Experience with financial reporting systems
The Senior Accountant will have a record of driving change and insightful use of financial analysis to provide counsel to business partners. If you have the capacity and agility to work in a fast paced, constantly changing, deadline-driven environment while handling multiple projects, please apply today!
Project Manager, Accounting and Finance
Keywords and Related Terms: Journal entries , month-end , real estate , audit , reconciliations , SAP , excel , CPA , accounting , accountancy , senior accountant , Excel
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, sales, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.