A global leader in the manufacturing industry headquartered in Northbrook is in search of a new Senior Accountant of Sales Tax. This company focuses on chemical manufacturing specifically for the automotive industry on both the commercial and consumer level.
Their year after year growth has created the need to expand their tax department. This position will play a key role in enhancing the company’s sales tax infrastructure and assisting the team in meeting all tax reporting requirements.
This Senior Accountant of Sales Tax position operates on a hybrid model with in-office work three days a week in Northbrook, Illinois, and is offering an extremely competitive salary range of $80,000-$90,000 with a discretionary bonus attached.
- Maintain sales tax compliance including compiling sales reports, month-end journal entries, filing and correspondence
- Analyze and locate reporting issues within the sales data for audit defense
- Nexus review and Sales Tax state registrations
- System updates within tax software
- New product research and taxability
- General Ledger reconciliation
- Maintain tax calendars, records and files
- Prepare purchase orders
- Maintain daily sales tax edits and update customer taxability
- Maintenance of customer exemption and resale certificates
- Correspondence with internal departments: Sales, Credit, Customer Service, IT, Finance
- External work relationships include vendors, customers and state tax agencies
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or similar
- 3-5 years of Sales and Use Tax experience
- Vertex Forms and Exemption Certificates a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, able to prioritize work in a fast-paced department and ability to handle several duties at once
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Team player
If this sounds like your next career move, apply today!
staff accountant , manufacturing , distribution , cpg , global , international , accountant , accounting , staff , senior , hybrid , tax , analyst , tax analyst , remote , Chicago #LI-CTAFDH
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.