The Senior Accountant will be reporting to the Accounting Manager, this role will focus on providing general accounting support, including preparation of journal entries, financial statements, and post-close analysis for a dynamic multi-location organization with locations across the United States.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly journal entries in accordance with professional standards.
- Provide general ledger support as part of standard monthly procedure.
- Perform month-end balance sheet account reconciliations and bank reconciliations as part of standard monthly procedure.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis through research to support finance function, including supporting schedules for internal and external reporting requirements.
- Oversee team of AR and AP transactional specialists with focus toward problem solving and providing support as needed.
- Assists with the design and creation of financial reports - both standard recurring reports and ad-hoc reports.
- Maintain and develop appropriate accounting processes, including review of internal controls and best practices, through analyzing current procedures and recommending changes.
- Support audit process through preparation of supporting account schedules and other requests.
- Assist other corporate based accounting and finance functions, as needed.
Senior Accountant Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 5-8 years of accounting experience preferably performing month-end close functions
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, lookups)
- Oracle system experience is a plus
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and reconciliation skills
- Ability to express ideas effectively
Solid organizational skills
- Operates effectively in a team environment
If you are interested and are qualified please Apply Today!
Project Manager, Accounting & Finance
Keywords and Related Terms: Accountant, general ledger, month-end close, reconciling, journal entries, review, oracle, excel, reconciliation
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in marketing, executive search, accounting and finance, technology, administrative, call center and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent, and permanent positions.