Job DescriptionLaSalle Network is partnering with a leader in the nonprofit space hiring for their next Senior Accountant. This organization provides retirement, insurance and organizational investing services for faith-based individuals, organizations and congregations.
This position is operating on a remote model but is headquartered in the western suburbs of Chicago and is offering a very competitive compensation structure of up to an $80,0000 base and discretionary bonus along with fully paid benefits!
Senior Accountant Responsibilities
- Review and coordinate the reporting of all accounting and financial transactions related to the operations of the Programs and Administration
- Produce monthly financial statements, manage payroll, monitor and manage cash flow, prepare account analyses and provide backup for other positions in the Finance Department
- Serve as primary contact for the Finance Department with the organization’s reconciliation agent
- Be a proactive advocate to identify areas of reputational risk and prevent it from occurring in the future
- Recommend improvements to increase effectiveness and efficiencies
Senior Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance; master’s in accounting or CPA preferred
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience, ideally in the nonprofit space
- Strong interpersonal skills including integrity, desire to care for the common good and cheerfulness
- Hardworking and eager to learn
If you are interested in this Senior Accountant opportunity and meet the above requirements, please apply today!
Keywords and Related Terms: accounting , accountant , CPA , nonprofit, non for profit, NFP, faith, Church, gl , general ledger , excel , journal entry , journal entries , reconciliations , bank reconciliations , financial statements , month end close , MEC , audit , cash , variance analysis , finance , budgeting , analyze , operations , profit & loss , P&L , excel , auditing , accruals , financial reporting , internal controls , tax , rebates , prepaids , balance sheet #LI-CTAFDH
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of direct hire and temporary staffing services. For over two decades, LaSalle has helped organizations hire faster and connect top talent with opportunities, from entry-level positions to the C-suite. With units specializing in Accounting and Finance, Administrative, Marketing, Technology, Supply chain, Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Call Center, Human Resources and Executive Search. LaSalle offers staffing and recruiting solutions to companies of all sizes and across all industries. LaSalle Network is the premier staffing and recruiting firm, earning over 100 culture, revenue and industry-based awards from major publications and having its company experts regularly contribute insights on retention strategies, hiring trends and hiring challenges, and more to national news outlets.