LaSalle Network is currently with a global organization that is seeking to hire a Security Operations Engineer for their team. This is a contract position with the possibility to convert to full time.
Security Operations Engineer Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day management of global technical Security Operations (SecOps)
- Coordinate vulnerability management program
- Manage the delivery of security operations projects and initiatives
- Determine and maintain SecOps compliance and assurance activities against operational and technological processes and platforms
- Conduct and disseminate SecOps risk assessments and provide mitigation advice as required
- Maintain systems to investigate security events and alerts, taking into account system and application logs, security appliances, user activity and known vulnerabilities
- Coordinate SecOps incident response protocols and follow-up with internal stakeholders and third-party support, owning and delegating issues until closure or escalation
- Manage and audit security log sources, raising tickets where appropriate and working with internal teams to progress issues detected through to resolution
- Manage processes that monitor sources of security vulnerabilities, with analysis, communication, and prioritization of relevant issues
- Manage security testing activities, including ownership of the business engagement model in order to improve and document security testing requirements
Security Operations Engineer Requirements:
- Experience of working in a SOC
- Expert knowledge of secure network, system, and application design and architecture
- A good understanding of IT and information security risk management strategies
- A good understanding of information security management systems and maintaining confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information
- Understanding of security control management and auditing in a technology environment
- Ability to influence at all levels, through translating technical issues into business language
- Familiarity with security best practices across the breadth of the IT and information security spectrum
- Experience of Security Information and Event Management tools
- Experience of vulnerability scanners, content filtering, and data loss prevention technology
If you have the experience listed above, possess a great attitude, and are looking for a long-term opportunity with a stable and established employer, this is the role for you! If you are interested in learning more, please apply today!
Keywords and Related Terms: Security, operations, SecOps, vulnerability management.
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.