LaSalle Network has partnered with a synthetic manufacturing company to hire a Safety and Health Coordinator. This is a great opportunity, located in Louisville, KY.
The Safety and Health Coordinator will be responsible for driving world class safety performance by ensuring compliance with regulatory and company requirements, leading safety culture programs and owning the training and onboarding process.
Safety and Health Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Drive safety culture programs at the facilities with support from the EHS Team and Site Leadership Teams
- Own the training and on-boarding process
- Promote safe behaviors through leading by example
- Develop and provide communication to all associates on EHS Programs and initiatives
- Lead team to provide internal audits to ensure compliance with internal obligations
- Track and trend vital EHS metrics to drive actions for EHS system improvement
- Participate in/facilitate the incident investigation process and own the electronic data collection system (GenSuite) for event follow-up
- Involvement in the compliance elements of PSM Management not limited to but including the following: PHA involvement, MOC Management and Employee Engagement
- Participate in plant’s safety and health policies and procedures by ensuring that all processes and modifications to existing processes have been critically reviewed for process safety, risk management, environmental and general safety and health considerations in accordance with regulatory requirements (OSHA, PSM and EPA RMP) and Process Safety Standards
- Facilitate the Safety Committees and sub-committees including monthly and weekly Committee communication initiatives
- Own and lead the contractor safety management program
- Involvement in the Process Hazard Assessment for PSM covered processes
- Routine inspections and audits of job sites to verify compliance with all regulatory and company requirements to ensure a safe working environment
- Communicate with all associates including contractors regarding OSHA and company requirements; complete documentation in accordance with procedures
- Manage the PPE program for the facility
- Manage the safety program and risk reduction programs for large projects including the facility turnaround or shutdown activities
- Interface with site and corporate EHS to understand requirements and ensure compliance with all corporate management system standards
- Lead self-audits and coordinate external health, safety, and security audits conducted at the site; partner with corporate and/or site leadership to close audit findings and implement recommendations
- Support the sites for execution, maintenance and updates of the Emergency Response Plan
- Manage the training program to ensure regulatory and company training obligations are met
- Manage the Industrial Hygiene Program for the locations including compliance with 29CFR 1910.1048 and other regulatory or company requirements
Safety and Health Coordinator Requirements:
- Technical bachelor’s degree in occupational safety or engineering with at least 4+ years of EHS experience OR high school diploma/GED with 10+ years operational/maintenance experience with demonstrated EHS responsibilities and reporting abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with OSHA PSM & EPA RMP requirements preferred
- Experience in the chemical or paper industry preferred
Senior Project Manager
Keywords and Related Terms: health and safety , health and safety coordinator , PSM , OSHA , EHS #LI-NADH
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.