LaSalle Network is currently partnering with a financial firm in Vernon Hills, IL that is seeking a Remote Sr. SQL Developer to join their team. This individual will be accountable for the quality and delivery of ETL, data warehouse, and BI solutions. This individual will develop end-to-end solutions utilizing Microsoft SQL Server software to ensure the long-term reliability, scalability, and maintainability for an enterprise data warehouse. This is a full-time position and has the ability to work remotely (with the expectation to be onsite in Vernon Hills, IL 1-2 times per quarter).
Remote Sr. SQL Developer Responsibilities:
- Research and implement new, relevant SQL technologies, and SQL development-supporting applications
- Collaborate heavily with business analysts, business owners, members of the BI team, and DBA to ensure the creation of production-quality designs and implementations
- Manage multiple tasks and changing business requirements
- Enforce standards, design styles, and best practices
- Perform full Data Warehouse life-cycle systems development
- Design BI ETL strategies and solutions using MS SQL Server SSIS
- Strong experience and understanding of MS SQL Server SSRS/SSAS
- Create and manage database objects including tables, indexes, procedures, cubes, etc.
- Create MDX and SQL scripts as required for use in MS SQL Server
- Migrate, maintain, and enhance ETL processes
- Analyze source data of different types and design programs for data integration, cleansing, and transformations
Remote Sr. SQL Developer Requirements:
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple ongoing projects concurrently
- Requires four-year college degree in computer science or similar concentration or business management with a focus in technology
- Strong written, verbal, team, and customer service skills
- 5+ years’ experience developing BI ETL solutions
- 4+ years’ experience with MS SQL Server (2016 and higher) applications including analysis, design, development, configuration, customization, validation, and deployment
- Strong experience with Kimball Dimensional Modeling
- Strong MDX skills
- Strong SQL tuning skills
- Strong analytical, data validation and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence reporting tools A desire to work with the latest tools, technologies, and methodologies (Force.com Platform, SQL Server, Visual Studio 2017, 2019, Azure DevOps, object relational (O/R), MSTest, NUnit)
- A desire to work within a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based support environment
- Interested in developing their professional network through participation in technology user groups, networking events, and technology organizations
- Must demonstrate a willingness to put in the extra effort (extended work hours, where appropriate, participate in events outside of standard working hours) for business units
A plus if you have the following experience:
- Azure SQL
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Synapse
- Redgate SQL Version Control
If you have the experience listed above, possess a great attitude and are looking for a long-term opportunity with a stable and established employer, this is the role for you! If you are interested in learning more about this Remote Sr. SQL Developer role, please apply today!
Project Manager, Technology Services
Keywords and Related Terms: SQL Server, SSIS, SQL Developer, Data Engineer, ETL, Microsoft, Azure.
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.