Are you a procurement professional looking to help drive procurement process and strategy for a strong and steadily growing multi-national company? Our partner is looking for candidates with 5+ years of strategic sourcing experience to join their team as a Remote Procurement Manager (Raw Materials - Chemicals). The Remote Procurement Manager (Raw Materials - Chemicals) will help drive the chemicals purchasing function for the North American organization.
Who you are: 5+ year procurement professional with at least 2-3 years in raw materials procurement (preferably chemicals), who enjoys driving supplier relationships, RFPs, and negotiating/managing contracts. You like to work collaboratively and cross-functionally and are ready to take on a new challenge in a growing company with an incredible culture.
Remote Procurement Manager (Raw Materials - Chemicals) Responsibilities:
- Responsible for an estimated annual spend of more than $200 million USD per year
- Develop, implement, and execute procurement strategies for strategic specialty raw materials
- Explore and identify new opportunities in sourcing raw materials in the region
- Work closely with the Procurement Team in Europe to develop and implement commodity strategies, manage supplier relationships, and lead negotiations in alignment with global strategy and targets
- Works with the regional team and in alignment with wider commodity teams to ensure successful execution of strategic KPI’s
- Understand global market dynamics of assigned commodities/services and translate knowledge into effectively managing suppliers, mitigating risk and cost control
- Develop and implement productivity plans, minimize working capital requirements and reliability of supply plans
- Collaborate with local leadership, Global Supply Chain and Commercial teams to ensure business effectiveness and results
- Cross functional Global Trade Compliance assurance for the region and optimization including import/export processes and contract adherence
- Support resolution of cost, quality and delivery issues within the sites & regional team as requested
- Accesses and interprets subscription services intel (e.g. IHS, ICIS, ChemData)
Remote Procurement Manager (Raw Materials - Chemicals) Requirements:
- Minimum of five years’ relevant Strategic Sourcing Management experience including exposure to operations management, logistics/trade compliance and marketing within the manufacturing sector and ideally within the chemical industry
- Comprehensive understanding of procurement/commodity management methodologies
- Experience working in an organization committed to Health, Safety and Environment
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build key working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- SAP and Infor M3 Materials Management experience desirable
- Recent knowledge of current technologies related to process analysis, supply chain optimization, procurement, logistics, resource planning, inventory management and customer integration
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to visit and review supply partners (up to 25% travel)
- Ability to champion new change efforts and processes to drive continuous improvements
- Qualification in Business or Chemistry related studies will be ideal
- Experience in chemical commodity business and/or phenolic and coatings industry will be highly regarded
If you are interested in this Remote Procurement Manager (Raw Materials – Chemicals) role, please apply today!
Senior Project Manager
Keywords and Related Terms: reporting , logistics , supply chain , logistics coordinator , TMS , carriers , logistics , LTL , load planning , scheduling , dispatch , S&OP , planning, supply , demand , warehouse , distribution , director , integration , procurement , M&A , implementation , change management , hybrid , purchasing #LI-NASUPC
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.