Our client is currently looking for a Release of Information Specialist that will ensure that the release of information is strictly to the authorized parties. This role will be responsible for ensuring that the patient information follows the guidelines and only released when approved.
- Determine records to be released by reviewing requestor information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and obtaining pertinent patient data from various sources, including electronic, off-site, or physical records that match patient request. Scan medical records into MRO database.
- Verifies the patient identity and confirms that the authorization is valid
- Keep health care providers informed by communicating the availability and status of the records
- Establishes and maintains all quality control for scanned documents and medical record release requests.
- Minimum of (1) one year of experience in working in a Health Information department
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required
- Ability to maintain stability under pressure and work individually or as a team.
- Outstanding attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work proactively with department leaders and multiple levels of management.
If this is something you are interested, and qualified, in please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you soon!
Associate Unit Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle Solutions
Keywords: roi, release of information, medical records
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, administrative, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent, and permanent positions.