Our client is looking for several Referral Specialist because the amazing growth within its healthcare organization! The ideal past experience would be working with physicians and clinical staff in a medical or clinical setting and a person who thrives in a fast paced, production oriented work environment is also preferred!
Job Functions of Referral Specialist:
- Verifies member eligibility and basic benefit coverage levels including obtaining information on coordination of benefits and third party liability as appropriate
- Receives and documents, telephonic, and electronic requests for referrals from Primary Care Physicians, Specialists and Ancillary providers through computerized work queue
- Maintains a current working knowledge of all Health Plan carrier requirements for referral request authorizations and approval path requirements
- Performs data entry/processing of referral requests through the EPIC system, and edits referral notes with appropriate information as outlined per department procedures
Qualifications/Requirements for Referrals Specialist:
- No less than 2 years of experience in medical office scheduling and verifying patient insurance benefits
- Working knowledge and understanding of the medical insurance industry and health plans
- Strong proficiency computer navigation skills, with basic Microsoft Office/Outlook skills
- Medical Terminology Knowledge required
- Ability to Type 35 wpm
If you are qualified and interested in the Referral Coordinator role please apply today
Senior Project Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords and Related Terms: scheduling , referrals, insurance verification, pre-authorization, pre-certification, patient access , registration , registrar , insurance , review , submit , compliance , discrepancies ,
The LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, administrative, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 3,000 clients and placed over 35,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent, and permanent positions.