Are you looking for a new opportunity to grow your existing skillset and career? Our client, a nationally recognized healthcare provider, rewards teamwork, quality, and innovation with opportunities for growth and development. They are looking to hire several Referral Coordinators with experience working alongside physicians and clinical staff in a medical or clinical setting. Candidates who thrive in a fast-paced, production-oriented work environment are preferred!
Our client has developed a leading training program that gives you the tools you need to succeed and to ensure your new opportunity will be off to a fantastic start. If you are looking for a career in an organization that is a leader in healthcare industry, then this Referral Coordinator position is for you!
Referral Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Contact review organizations and insurance companies to obtain prior approval requirements and submit appropriate documentation
- Verify member eligibility and basic benefit coverage levels including obtaining information on coordination of benefits and third-party liability as appropriate
- Receive and document telephonic and electronic requests for referrals from Primary Care Physicians, Specialists and Ancillary providers through computerized work queue
- Maintains a current working knowledge of all Health Plan carrier requirements for referral request authorizations and approval path requirements
- Evaluate each referral request to ensure they include codes, place of service, service type, provider and all required medical information is available for submission to insurance carriers
- Investigate and obtain from providers, missing medical information required for referral submissions
- Perform data entry/processing of referral requests through the EPIC system, and edit referral notes with appropriate information as outlined per department procedures
- Function as a resource to physician/provider offices regarding steerage, referral process questions and education on Health Plan authorization submission requirements
Referral Coordinator Requirements:
- No less than 2 years of experience in medical office scheduling and verifying patient insurance benefits
- Working knowledge and understanding of the medical insurance industry and health plans
- Strong computer navigation skills, with basic Microsoft Office/Outlook skills
- Medical terminology knowledge required
- Ability to type 35 wpm
If you are interested in this Referral Coordinator opportunity and qualify per the requirements, please apply today.
Recruiter, LaSalle Network
Keywords and Related Terms: patient access, patient service, medical scheduler, insurance verification, EOB, call center, inbound calls, outbound calls, epic, eligibility, referral, commercial, government, availity, pcp
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, sales, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.