Job DescriptionLaSalle Network is a leading staffing, recruiting and culture firm dedicated to being the best in our industry. We are seeking dynamic college students interested in growing their career to join our team in person at our downtown Chicago office during the spring of 2023 for a paid Public Relations Internship.
Our Public Relations Intern will work closely with a dedicated team of marketing and public relations professionals, including frequent communication with our Director of Marketing and our Director of Public Relations in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
The Public Relations Intern will work hands-on to execute a variety of creative projects, conduct research, develop pitch ideas, coordinate press materials and pitch the media. The Public Relations Intern will receive daily mentorship and guidance from senior members of our marketing department.
Our mission is to hire and retain the best internal staff in our industry; as such, successful candidates may receive a permanent job offer with LaSalle or post-internship job placement assistance at one of our 3,000+ clients, ranging from Fortune 100’s to high-growth startups.
Public Relations Intern Responsibilities:
- Conduct PR competitive analysis and present to PR Director
- Develop pitch calendar of strong topics to pitch to media
- Write press materials (press releases, presentations, articles)
- Research and pitch appropriate media outlets
- Research and assist with pitching speaking opportunities
- Assist with award management and promotion
- Create social media posts for Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Perform market research on a variety of topics and compile data into reports or presentations
- Collaborate with marketing team and other support staff to coordinate virtual and in person company events
- Other responsibilities as needed
Public Relations Intern Requirements:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations or related field
- Current senior
- Available to work virtually for at least 10 hours per week
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High energy and strong work ethic
- Flexibility and a positive attitude
Why Work at LaSalle Network?
- Consistently recognized for our award-winning company culture – Best and Brightest, Great Places to Work, Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplaces and many more
- Intensive, award-winning training program – among the top in the world!
- Present and accessible managers, directors and C-level executives who have a hands-on approach to employee development
- Opportunity for promotions and growth
If you are in search of an organization where you will have boundless opportunities for learning, growth and professional development, LaSalle Network could be the place for you. We offer a fun culture where individual and team achievements are celebrated, and where hard work and determination are recognized!
If you are interested in applying to the Public Relations Internship opportunity and qualify per the above requirements, please send your resume and a writing sample to LaSalle Network’s Public Relations Director, Heather Youkhana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords and Related Terms: public relations , PR , marketing , media , journalism #LI-DNP
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of direct hire and temporary staffing services. For over two decades, LaSalle has helped organizations hire faster and connect top talent with opportunities, from entry-level positions to the C-suite. With units specializing in Accounting and Finance, Administrative, Marketing, Technology, Supply chain, Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Call Center, Human Resources and Executive Search. LaSalle offers staffing and recruiting solutions to companies of all sizes and across all industries. LaSalle Network is the premier staffing and recruiting firm, earning over 100 culture, revenue and industry-based awards from major publications and having its company experts regularly contribute insights on retention strategies, hiring trends and hiring challenges, and more to national news outlets.