LaSalle Network has partnered with an exciting nonprofit who acts as the world’s leading resource for professionals focused on the inception, design, construction, and operation of tall buildings. Founded in 1969, this Chicago staple is headquartered in the historic Monroe Building, with multiple locations around the world. The team is looking to hire a Public Relations Coordinator to join their team. This person will facilitate direct communications between the organization and external parties, with a view to promote and maximize their vast global undertakings.
Public Relations Coordinator Responsibilities:
- 40%: Oversee and direct incoming and outgoing communications with the press and general public, leveraging initiatives to generate widespread interest via press releases/pitches, social media campaigns, and inquiry fulfillment. Use all available resources to take the company to new levels in terms of public image and following.
- 15%: Build and maintain critical relationships with the press, as well as the PR departments of internal members, through regular communications – including pitching targeted material to prominent press outlets.
- 15%: Input to a regular series of email blasts directed to members and contacts, promoting various events and initiatives as they relate to specific calls to action. Coordinate the email blast calendar with various internal teams.
- 15%: Provide original authorship and copy editing for publications/outputs. Assist the communications team with overseeing the written outputs of the organization, both digital and physical.
- 10%: Utilize new and established organizational systems to schedule, plan, track, and archive all press-related initiatives and social media activity. Use media monitoring services to proactively acquire press materials mentioning or related to the organization.
- 5%: Perform on-site reporting at events, provide real-time social media updates, and manage the experience/interactions of press on-site.
Public Relations Coordinator Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 2-3 years' experience in public relations preferred, ideally in a building industry field.
- Strong existing relationships with media/press would be an asset.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, with proficiency using the Chicago Manual of Style and Harvard style citation.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required, alongside a robust understanding of strategic public relations and social media platforms.
- Strong software skills are required in MS Office, Salesforce, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- The candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to progress and maintain multiple initiatives simultaneously, based on guidelines expressed from the outset.
- Familiarity with architecture, or the tall building industry at large, is preferred, but not required.
Keywords and Related Terms: public relations, p.r., media, press, press release, edit, agency, social media, write, communications, journalist, PR, PR coordinator, PR writing, integrated marketing, public relations, media relations, budget, analytics, nonprofit, non-profit, association, communications, architecture, design, building, buildings, real estate, relationship
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.