LaSalle Network has partnered with a top human behavior and analytics firm specializing in industries facing disruption and business transformation. They have a growing team and are looking for a Project Accountant to come in and manage their general accounting functions. This person will have the ability to hit the ground running in an ever-changing environment! The Project Accountant will be a process manager overseeing all revenue recognition, revenue forecasting, and project completion.
Project Accountant Responsibilities
- Provide assistance with project accounting, project setup/maintenance, project reviews, client billings, collections, accounts payable, revenue recognition, and management reports.
- Review projects, revenue, backlog, budget variances, and profitability
- Lead project health reviews with project managers and senior leaders
- Lead and coordinate collection efforts with Senior Leaders and Project Managers. Initiate stop work procedures and third-party collections efforts to minimize company exposure.
- Post cash received and send notification to relevant parties, logging and reporting details weekly
- Responsible for billing and cash flow projections
- Project contract review
- Project set-up in accounting system, liaising with Project Manager regarding budget / phase set up
- Prepare client fee and expense invoices, account statements, reports, and other records.
- Maintaining contract paperwork and files, maintaining invoice, aging A/R, change orders, vendor/subcontractor documents and other specified logs for project tracking.
Project Accountant Requirements
- 5-10 years’ experience with a mid-sized organization with project (revenue) accounting duties.
- Highly desirable to have prior experience working for an architecture firm.
- Must be proficient with general ledger, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable.
- Must be prepared to respond to multi-task job schedule for daily routine, and work with a team approach to accomplish project work.
- Proficient with Windows, Word, Excel, Netsuite, email, order processing, database software.
Senior Project Manager
Keywords and Related Terms: project accounting , analytics , client billings , budget variances , account payable , collections
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.