Are you a procurement professional looking to help drive procurement process and strategy for a strong and steadily growing consumer goods company? Our partner is looking for candidates with 10+ years of progressive procurement/supply chain experience, including 5+ years in people management to join their team as a Procurement Director - Proteins. The Procurement Director - Proteins will play a key role on the procurement team for the North American organization.
The ideal candidate is a 10+ year procurement professional, with at least 5 years of people management experience, who is looking to build their team and advance their career with one of the country's top CPG companies. You like to work collaboratively and cross-functionally and are ready to take on a new challenge in a growing company with an incredible culture.
Procurement Director - Proteins Responsibilities:
- Manage categories as assigned
- Jointly plan and execute sourcing strategies in the assigned categories in collaboration with functions across the Enterprise
- Establish strategic relationships with the supply base, to achieve cost savings opportunities across the business
- Negotiate, contract, and implement preferred supplier agreements
- Lead cross functional teams in sourcing initiatives
- Research market dynamics, cost drivers, supplier business models and historical spend to enhance future negotiations for assigned categories
- Provide clear position reporting; facilitate ease of use and consistent application of volume estimates
- Draft Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Proposal (RFP), and conduct associated analysis
- Assure the service and quality requirements of the company are met, along with the required innovation and product improvements
- Work with Operations and Brands to resolve all supply chain issues
- Resolve supplier and internal customer issues to insure a successful implementation process
- Promote cost savings through continuous improvement activities
- Manage supplier relationships and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to evaluate and report performance
- Ensure continuity of services for assigned categories by working with high quality suppliers and managing supplier performance
- Collaborate with cross functional groups in each of the operating groups
- Understand advanced sourcing practices and their application
- Provide organizational leadership in developing creative approaches to new technology
- Strong communication/collaboration skills and the ability to drive change in a complex organization
- Develop and maintain positive, productive, relationships with several suppliers and operating company personnel
- Implement supplier strategy using industry modeling and appropriate metrics across the company
Procurement Director - Proteins Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10+ years of experience in Procurement/Supply Chain; protein background preferred
- Direct experience/category expertise in sourcing for chicken, turkey and casings is desirable
- Firm understanding of procurement and strategic sourcing, end user expectations and requirements
- Self-starter with ability to time manage and prioritize multiple complex priorities, projects and tasks; delivers results
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship building, problem solving and conflict management
- A passionate, process leader who has the skills to lead and drive improvement in a complex, matrixed environment
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and ERP systems
- Strong analytical skills, creative thinking and communications
- Driven leader with passion to develop direct reports for the success of the protein team and the company as a whole
If you are interested in this Procurement Director - Proteins role, please apply today!
Senior Project Manager
Keywords and Related Terms: reporting , logistics , supply chain , procurement , M&A , purchasing , analytics , analysis , contract manufacturing , consumer goods , production , food , manufacturing #LI-NASUPC
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.