Our client is looking for several Prior Authorization Specialists because the amazing growth within its healthcare organization! The ideal prior experience would be working with physicians and clinical staff in a medical or clinical setting and a person who thrives in a fast paced, production-oriented work environment is also preferred! The Prior Authorization Specialist will be responsible for processing insurance verification and referral/pre-certification/pre-authorization requests. An ideal candidate would have 3-5 years of prior authorization experience within the last 7 years.
Job Functions of Prior Authorization Specialist:
- Contact payer to obtain prior authorization. Gather additional clinical and or coding information, as necessary, in order to obtain prior authorization.
- Extend expired authorizations when treatment has been delayed.
- Uses the insurance verification systems to contact the patient and their partner’s insurance to verify benefits, identify benefit maximums, and coordination of benefits.
- Identify any need for documentation to obtain treatment precertification and notify provider immediately.
Qualifications/Requirements for Prior Authorization Specialist:
- 3-5 years of prior authorization experience
- Understanding of insurance requirements for prior authorization.
- Knowledge of registration, verification, pre-certification, and scheduling procedures.
- Understanding of payer processes to submit appropriate clinical documentation.
- Strong proficiency computer navigation skills, with basic Microsoft Office/Outlook skills
- Medical Terminology Knowledge required
If you are qualified and interested in the Prior Authorization Specialist role, please apply today!
Senior Project Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords and Related Terms: scheduling , referrals, insurance verification, pre-authorization, pre-certification, patient access , registration , registrar , insurance , review , submit , compliance , discrepancies ,
The LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v. LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, administrative, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 3,000 clients and placed over 35,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent, and permanent positions.