Are you someone who wants to be a part of one of Chicago’s top hospitals? Do you enjoy learning new things and helping others? If so, see the position below!
Our Client is looking to fill a Pre-Access Representative role in Chicago. The Pre-Access Representative will be responsible for pre-registration and pre-admission functions to provide information to maximize reimbursement, achieve collection ratios, and meet account receivable (AR) goals. The will perform outpatient and inpatient scheduling, registration and insurance verification functions. They will also provide general and specific information to patients, patient families and physician offices.
Pre-Access Representative Responsibilities:
- Schedule all patients for outpatient procedures including radiology, special procedures, surgical procedures, cardiology, pulmonary and laboratory. Recognize and utilize ICD-9 and CPT codes to identify correct procedure based on order
- Ensure the prevention of double-booking procedures by the identification of available time increments as defined by the clinical diagnostic area; reschedule and cancel patient appointments as required.
- Provide accurate instructions to prepare patients for examination, procedure and financial requirements by applying knowledge of medical terminology and ICD-9 and CPT codes. Prepare and mail patient itineraries or notices, as required
- Screen patients for Medical Necessity using system tools and follow-up with patient and physician, obtain a new order or discuss the need to sign an Advanced Beneficiary Notice when required
- Pre-register outpatients for outpatient clinical, diagnostic and surgical encounters and pre-admit inpatients for inpatient stays. Complete pre-registration and pre-admission questionnaires. Verify insurance requirements
- Ensures that financial protocols and requirements are met while providing caring access to service at Presence Health facilities by verifying authorization prior to forwarding patients to service delivery areas. Maintains and applies current knowledge of insurance requirements when notifying patients of insurance benefits and self-pay financial obligations including previous balances
- Provide information and assist patients to ensure they understand the Financial Assistance policy and application process. Seek assistance from Financial Counselors and/or Pre-Encounter Representatives II when needed to maintain patient flow while resolving financial issues.
Pre-Access Representative Requirements
- High school graduate or GED is required
- (1) year of experience in hospital admissions/registration or physician’s office
- Strong medical terminology knowledge through coursework or experience is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Customer/Patient Service skills
If you are qualified and are interested in the Pre-Access Representative position, please apply today!
Associate Unit Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords: patient services , patient access , insurance verification , medical admin , patient registration , pre-access , hospital registration , epic, patient services , patient access , insurance verification , medical admin , patient registration , pre-access , hospital registration , medical scheduler , hospital check-in, patient support, patient representative, pre-authorization , registrar , EMR , EHR ,
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in technology, accounting and finance, administrative, call center, human resources, marketing, and executive search, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent and permanent positions.